Friday, July 13, 2012

Keepfest 2012

The event hosted by John and Karri Scollon celebrated a wide variety of arts from music and art to dance, poetry, songwriting and even a very creative puppet show. Every year at the festival we have a tie dye station. Once again, I tried my hand at it...  when mine was dry it had great shades of purple and pink and very little tie dye effect. Guess I should read up on how to make a tie dye pattern and next year, try again! After it got dark and the bonfire was going one of the guests brought out these really neat flashing glasses and every one poured their favorite drinks and toasted the hosts happy anniversary!

John Scollon wrote a fun song, which I really enjoyed painting too..."Idol for Old Guys". I loved it and even put the words into the painting I was doing. LOL! Fred Ingram created an original song for the special occasion in honor of our hosts' anniversary and their dedication to the arts and the annual event they have been hosting for several years.

Just had to share all the exciting photos that Keith Bates took during the event. I painted live to The Dubber, Jackaroo and to John and Kerri Scollon's band Bitteroot. This was the first time I painted guitar strings into a painting. Since The Dubber is the first musician I painted live with; it was only fitting that I painted the guitar strings into the one I did to The Dubber's music.

Photo memories...


















No comments:

Post a Comment