Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Little bits of fabric, feathers, beads, maps, and lots of books; put them all together and what do you have?

Sometimes, I go through phases of collecting different things at various times. It's not that unusual for a mixed media artist to create assemblages and paints on a variety of surfaces. Things I have found myself collecting are always brightly colored and may not always make sense. I especially love fabrics and fibers. I made silk collages that went quick. Any type of fabric with a cool texture like feathers, suede, felt, velvet, and netting fabric are always welcome additions. For fun and for you never know when you might need it, I collect sheers, scarves, silk, linen, muslin, duck, velvet, denim, and anything that looks interesting or that I think can be used someday.  (Including ribbons, beads, buttons, and embroidery floss) I always think, I could make something with this.

Another thing... Books and Papers...


Books, especially hardbacks with a cool dust jacket or nice bindings. Altered books are a blast to make. Plus, the recreated book becomes home to some of the little collectible items. You never know what I may throw in, you may find sheet music, quotes and things from other books, maps, photos, receipts, magazines, tissues, candy papers, napkins, fancy envelopes, pretty papers, scraps from old drawings. By time I get done with one, it is actually a work of art, reminiscent of an art journal.

JeaneePaintsLive has another blog and it is one I have had over 10 years! It is filled with photographs about the arts,art shows, music shows, paintings I have done, local art leagues, poetry, music festivals, maybe even one or two where I am painting live, other fun things in life. 

Back to class now.
Yours truly,
Jeanee

No comments:

Post a Comment