Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Painting to the Beat and Learning Guitar.... UPDATED

 All artwork copyright JeanBourque.
Hello,

I have been painting all summer and have had a blast!! School starts back up next week!! So decided it is a good time to write a blog post about my attempts to learn to play guitar.


Driving Lights!
July 2017
 My newest guitar has steel strings, my old guitar had nylon strings. So I need to toughen up my finger tips. (LOL)
I learned to read music as a kid and you would think it would be easier for me to learn guitar because of that. However, I have discovered, many musicians actually do not read music. 
They feel it and it flows.
How?
My brain wants to know, 
how do they do that?
I am slowly learning "tabs" and relearning notes and chords. However,  what I would like to develop is the ability to recognize what I am hearing and interpret that instrumentally and "feel" the music onto the Steel String Acoustic Guitar. This is the classical guitar showing strings and how thin they are. The new guitar has steel strings, which are thicker.



Painting
I can feel it with paint and paint to the music, keep the beat and flow with it. Intellectually, I know it is just a matter of applying that to the guitar. Easier said than done. I am a natural drummer... so changing that to be a natural strummer is
Challenging!

Painting to the beat JeaneePaintsLive shows a painting in progress (above). 
I "feel" the music when I paint and want to interpret it to play guitar or any other instrument. Since a few people have asked about what I have in my hand, that is a palette knife. I actually use them a lot, however, I do also paint with ordinary artist's brushes as well. Typically on stage, I am painting in acrylics on pre-stretched canvas and every now and then, I will throw in other things, creating a mixed media piece. For example, one time when I was painting live to "The Dubber" aka Wendall Culbreath, he broke a string while playing and I added that into the painting. It didn't want to stay on but eventually, the paint and mediums dried and it became part of the piece. 

I Believe in Miracles!!


Guitar Based:

https://youtu.be/JYCMmViiWx4
Thank you Guitar Sage



Piano Based:

https://youtu.be/imj7FniRzyY

Thank you Aimee

Yours Truly,

Jeanee
PS...
Any helpful hints are deeply appreciated!! If you like my writing, my sense of humor, my blog, or hearing about events or perhaps my art or other people's art: PLEASE Follow this blog, hit subscribe and share with friends. It won't be very often. Thank you!!







No comments:

Post a Comment